Falling behind

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Falling behind
Falling behind
Falling behind
Falling behind
Falling behind
Falling behind
I was trying to get through this pile before the nasty black flies come.....well they are here now and this wood will have to wait until July. I am set with seasoned wood for winter of 2018-19 and for most of 2019-20 but it puts me short of 3 seasons ahead.

Would one of those head nets work. Looks like you have a good bit of yellow birch there. Awesome wood which rots pretty quick on the ground.

View attachment 226733 View attachment 226736 View attachment 226737 View attachment 226738 View attachment 226739 View attachment 226740 I was trying to get through this pile before the nasty black flies come.....well they are here now and this wood will have to wait until July. I am set with seasoned wood for winter of 2018-19 and for most of 2019-20 but it puts me short of 3 seasons ahead.
It's still hockey season so everything is ok, once the cup has found a new home you better be working! :cool:

Reactions: Diabel
Would one of those head nets work.

Here is the one I bought a few years back.https://www.bugbaffler.com/products/headnet. It does work, fits over the wide-brim fisherman's hat I wear hiking. The armpit loops keep the mesh down so the blackflies don't get up under it. Then all you need is long pants, old long-sleeved shirt, and gloves, and you can take advantage of the still not too hot weather before July.