Family farm not selling Heatilator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpopps

Oct 30, 2014
Michigan
I was in family farm and home today.I noticed they did not have any heatilator pellet stoves. store manager was right there so I asked what happened. He told me they won't be selling them anymore because they raised there prices up $1,000 per stove and want the people selling them to be a authorized dealer.

Really glad I got my cab-50 last year for $1,200

Wow! That blows. So they will be $2,200 now. I was very close to buying one last year from Family Farm and have it shipped. Very good little stove and the $1,200 or $1,299 was an outstanding price considering. I think all said and done a Cab 50 from them was going to cost me just under $1,600 shipped with sales tax.

I got lucky and found a very nice PC45 on Craigslist here I paid $1,600 for used so I decided to go that route instead.

That is unfortunate for some that missed out. These dealers act like there are hardly any mark ups in prices. BS! When I looked into the Cab 50 there are a couple local Heatilator dealers and they retailed them for between $1,900 t0 $2,200.

How is it that Family Farm could sell them for $1,200 and we all know they made some money at that price. Maybe not a bunch but surely they weren't taking a loss to sell Cab 50's. Glad you got yours in time.

Was there a week ago and they one for $1200.00 must be last years stock.

dpopps how has that unit performed for you?

Only had it a year, but so far it has worked great. My store said they had 2 left overs that they sold over the summer.

ok don't tear me up to bad. when install manuals are talking about 48in mins. for vent from a operating window , are they talking about the pipe or the termination of pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.