Fan died...new stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HSBull

Jul 30, 2015
NH
Howdy folks,
I have a 12+ yr old Radiance gas stove that's fan is dying.
we have an open concept ranch with ceiling fans ever where including over the stove.
The previous owner said the stove heated the space well and so far I believe him.
When the fan is running it does through out a lot of heat.
So far 4 vendors have all said the same thing....fans are no longer available for the unit.
The question........does buying a new stove out weigh the cost of additional gas I will have to burn? ....and how many of you run your stoves without a stove fan.

Thanks in advance for any input
Al

See if you can find a number on the fan. I have some old inventory fan kits sitting on a shelf. If we have a match, I'll be happy to work out out with you.

Reactions: HSBull
The fan kit number is 5078 vermont castings.....and thanks for the effort
I looked up the kit number. It calls for a FK26 Vermont Casting fan kit. I'll look when I get back home to see if I have that kit. These are NIB, old inventory. Leftover stuff from when I was doing a lot of installs.

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.