Fan Not Shutting Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garys314

Oct 10, 2007
I have a quadra fire pellet stove. The fan is not stopping when the stove is off.

thanks in advance,

gary

Darn pellet things, that is why I like a simple wood stove.

Seriously, it thinks the temp is up and the power on. Please read the stove owners manual and also check for a manual fan switch on the thing.

Gary, there's a whole lot more expertise specific to pellet stoves on another form here on Hearth.com called "The Pellet Mill & Corn Crib". Try posting over there...odds are someone has the same appliance & can help you figure it out. Good luck! Rick

Rick is right!

Try reposting it, but also read the stove Owners Manual. Go to the stove mfg. website if you do not have a copy, and download a pdf copy. Oh yes, pull the plug when the stove is cold.

Good luck.

Did you ever think that might be cause there is still useful heat coming outa there??

my olympic is like that. It does take awhile for it to shut off, unless I simply shut it off myslef.

It sounds like the blower cutoff snap disk needs replacing. Which model is this?

Adirondackwoodburner said:
my olympic is like that. It does take awhile for it to shut off, unless I simply shut it off myslef.

Could be....my Astoria took about 20-25 minutes to finally shut off the blower.....it was still blowing warm air out.

I think it is snap disk 1. How hard is it to change that?

Thanks in Advance,

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.