1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. coldkiwi

coldkiwi New Member

Loc:
    Socal
    I learn't from this forum about pushing cool air towards the stove ,I used one in the small passage and it worked wonders with the downstairs.Last night I used one at the top of the stairs pointing down...WOW what a difference,The cabin is 1400 sq ft half up half down with the master bed ,bathroom and media room upstairs I couldn't believe the difference it made, the whole house seems to be the SAME temp now .It is good to never stop learning stuff.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Another trick that works very well is to set your ceiling fans so the are sucking up. This follows the natural pattern of air movement because cold air settles down the walls. Hot air will be sucked up and pushed down the walls behind the cold air which will warm up the room much faster and spreads the heat more even.

Pete
    chvymn99 and Backwoods Savage like this.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Nice going. Hope your kiwis are a lot warmer now.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Right on! I'm in my 70's and still learning. Not only that but I do not intend to stop.
    BobUrban likes this.