Fan placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldkiwi

Burning Hunk
May 2, 2012
Socal
I learn't from this forum about pushing cool air towards the stove ,I used one in the small passage and it worked wonders with the downstairs.Last night I used one at the top of the stairs pointing down...WOW what a difference,The cabin is 1400 sq ft half up half down with the master bed ,bathroom and media room upstairs I couldn't believe the difference it made, the whole house seems to be the SAME temp now .It is good to never stop learning stuff.

Another trick that works very well is to set your ceiling fans so the are sucking up. This follows the natural pattern of air movement because cold air settles down the walls. Hot air will be sucked up and pushed down the walls behind the cold air which will warm up the room much faster and spreads the heat more even.

Pete

Nice going. Hope your kiwis are a lot warmer now.

I learn't from this forum about pushing cool air towards the stove ,I used one in the small passage and it worked wonders with the downstairs.Last night I used one at the top of the stairs pointing down...WOW what a difference,The cabin is 1400 sq ft half up half down with the master bed ,bathroom and media room upstairs I couldn't believe the difference it made, the whole house seems to be the SAME temp now .It is good to never stop learning stuff.

Right on! I'm in my 70's and still learning. Not only that but I do not intend to stop.

Reactions: BobUrban
Status
Not open for further replies.