fan timing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannMarr

Nov 29, 2009
Scranton
After my Castile insert reaches it's set point, the fan runs for an additional 18 minutes before shutting off. I understand that it is letting out the remaining heat, but 18 minutes is a long time and the air coming out is cool. Can the time be shortened?

DannMarr said:
After my Castile insert reaches it's set point, the fan runs for an additional 18 minutes before shutting off. I understand that it is letting out the remaining heat, but 18 minutes is a long time and the air coming out is cool. Can the time be shortened?
Pellet stoves have a temperature switch, and when the stove temp cools to that point, it then shuts off the convection fan. Seemingly, they are all different.

BTW, in the future, why not put all the questions about your stove in one post.

Thanks for the response. I understand about the temperature switch, but can it be programmed? I also prefer to itemize my problems to get specific solutions and make it easier for others to search and find similar problems. Thanks again.

DannMarr said:
.....I understand about the temperature switch, but can it be programmed?.....

I could be wrong, but I don't think so....it is what it is.

It's a snap disc, no adjustment. My Quad does the same thing, works about like my hot air furnace, but I can adjust that off and on.

Thanks for the answers. This brings up another question. When I got this unit, I removed the back cover to clean the inside. While doing this, 2 wires got unplugged from the vacuum switch. I plugged them back in, but they are color coded orange and red. I'm not sure if I plugged them back correctly. The vacuum switch indicates normally open and normally closed. The manual does not distinguish the different colored wires to the vacuum switch. Does it matter which wire is plugged in to the N/O or N/C?

DannMarr said:
Thanks for the answers. This brings up another question. When I got this unit, I removed the back cover to clean the inside. While doing this, 2 wires got unplugged from the vacuum switch. I plugged them back in, but they are color coded orange and red. I'm not sure if I plugged them back correctly. The vacuum switch indicates normally open and normally closed. The manual does not distinguish the different colored wires to the vacuum switch. Does it matter which wire is plugged in to the N/O or N/C?

The Vacuum switch is just a switch (something that opens and closes the circuit) so it dont mater what wire goes were because that are just a continuous loop that gets open and closed with the lac of pressure or positive pressure.

If I am troubled by the cold air, I just flip the switch to LOW, which lowers the blower speed.

Thinking about it, I wonder if there would be a way to automatically switch to low when the call light goes off....... Hmmm, have to look at the wiring diagram. Maybe a delay relay........

Status
Not open for further replies.