Fan went bad.....need to replace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
I have a FASCO 7063 7662 blower in my stove. I have found several sources for replacement. I took out because it made so much noise last year, cleaned it all up then tried to fire it up and it's froze. It says to oil every 6 minths but I have no idea where you would oil it. I imagine the shaft but you can't get to that since the motor sits inside the squirrel cage.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem, my blower buzzes and rattles, drives me twisted. I did the same thing, pulled it out, cleaned it pretty well with a brush, vac and compressor, then put some light oil (sewing machine oil from my hair clipper oil bottle) on the bearing. It was difficult to get to, as you said, the other bits got in the way. I think I need a syringe to get it to the right spot. I also put some foam bits along the metal of the blower where it rests against the stove, in an effort to prevent vibration transmission.

Put it all back, turn it on . . . and same buzz and rattle emenates. I would love to hear any suggestions!

got a picture of it?if you post a couple shots i might be able to point you to the oil ports look at the outer rim of the motor casing itself , with fasco motors,there usually is an "arbor shaped" hole at each end of the casing which is an oil port for the bearings at each end of the shaft. you will want a light machine oil (like 20 wt) to lubricate. hopefully the bearings havent spun or burned up from being dry too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.