Fancy being a lumberjack, but have no trees to chop down.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a whole lot of thinking this one out before taking a sledge hammer to the silo. What the heck was he thinking... maybe he thought the first cutaway was the way it was going to fall. Lucky for him it only brushed him and not completely buried him.

I agree Stejus. A very lucky man indeed.

Why are people always knocking down silos? Youtube is full of silo demo videos.

Flatbedford said:

That was one of my thoughts.... along with "why does everyone who knocks something down make a video and put it on Utube?"

The only answer I could come up with was "there are a whole load of frustrated treeless wannabe lumberjacks out there".

Followed by the thought "just as well they don't have access to trees if that's the way they drop a silo"....... ;-)

Flatbedford said:

Because the silos no longer have a use. In time they begin crumbling and pose a huge threat to people.

They seem to pose the biggest threat to those who are trying to take them down! :lol:

Sometimes very true Steve. However, it is sad to see all these old silos going down and it is amazing how dangerous it is. We hope and pray some kids playing around never get crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.