FANS, PIPE, AND HOT AIR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlasko

Sep 24, 2008
Western PA
I am going to be cutting two cold air returns in the floor of my back two bedrooms and running ductwork to the bottom of the basement floor to let the cold air sink out of those rooms. (The ductwork is for fire concerns.) Additionally I plan on running some insulated flexible air pipes from near the stove to those two rooms. I would have to run approximately 15-20 feet of pipe.

My questions are:
1. What type of fan would work well here?
2. Is it better to run off a temperature switch or a manual one?
3. How can I run two seperate lines (to the two bedrooms) off of one fan or should I make two independent lines with two fans etc?

I plan on running a vent from my insert room 35' to my furthest bedroom; I plan on blowing to the insert to avoid any possible neg. press. around stove---I'll have to put a louver in that b.r. door for circulation back to insert. You might consider your flow direction and put both runs on one fan (used furnace squirrel cages are easy to get). God bless, C.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.