Farm Aid 2013 SPAC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
Susan's daughter got us inside balcony tix for the concert on Saturday past. First time this traveling show has stopped in NY State. Saratoga Performing Arts Center is a nice venue & I don't know how many thousands of concert-goers were there, but it was PACKED. We missed probably half (maybe more) of the acts, but other than Toad the Wet Sprocket, & I hadn't heard of any of em. We got there got for Jamey Johnson (meh), Jack Johnson (really good), Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds (holy freekin sh*t!), John Mellencamp (excellent), a guest appearance by 94-year-old Pete seeger (very cool), Neil Young (OK - too much posturing & not enough music) & Willie Nelson ( pretty good). All in all we were there for over 7 hours & the pervasive aroma wafting thru the crowd seemed to be more Pakistan oriented than Mexico, if you know what I mean. Wasn't exactly flashback city for this ole 60s/70s former longhair, but it was kinda cool. The message for sustaining family farms & vilifying Monsanto was everywhere.
The only downside was parking about a 45 minute walk from our seats & the the downpour that accompanied the walk back to the car.

Susan's daughter got us inside balcony tix for the concert on Saturday past. First time this traveling show has stopped in NY State. Saratoga Performing Arts Center is a nice venue & I don't know how many thousands of concert-goers were there, but it was PACKED. We missed probably half (maybe more) of the acts, but other than Toad the Wet Sprocket, & I hadn't heard of any of em. We got there got for Jamey Johnson (meh), Jack Johnson (really good), Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds (holy freekin sh*t!), John Mellencamp (excellent), a guest appearance by 94-year-old Pete seeger (very cool), Neil Young (OK - too much posturing & not enough music) & Willie Nelson ( pretty good). All in all we were there for over 7 hours & the pervasive aroma wafting thru the crowd seemed to be more Pakistan oriented than Mexico, if you know what I mean. Wasn't exactly flashback city for this ole 60s/70s former longhair, but it was kinda cool. The message for sustaining family farms & vilifying Monsanto was everywhere.
The only downside was parking about a 45 minute walk from our seats & the the downpour that accompanied the walk back to the car.
My Niece went with friends as well.. Altamont news said about 25,000 and had some of the most people ever at a sold out concert on premises.
Sounds like you had a good time overall. I always like seeing Willie as he just turned 80 so you just never know.. I wonder what that guitar he plays will be worth someday.. Probably be a museum piece... Pete Seeger is up there too... Read they had some nice educational tents set up as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.