Fast Chimney Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumber-Jack

Minister of Fire
Dec 29, 2008
Beautiful British Columbia
I've been working on cleaning my chimney as fast and efficiently as possible, I've got a system down now where I can almost do it in under a minute, but I think I can trim a little off of that.
Have a look and see if can tell me where I might be losing some time in my procedure. ;-P

More cocaine, less safety - you could easily trim to 30 seconds.

Nice job.

Well, I was impressed. The children wanted to know how you worked so fast without making any mistakes!

I can put up a swing set in 18 seconds

On a side note: annoying that my 1000th post is a youtube. At least it's my youtube youtube...

Carbon_Liberator said:
I've been working on cleaning my chimney as fast and efficiently as possible, I've got a system down now where I can almost do it in under a minute, but I think I can trim a little off of that.
Have a look and see if can tell me where I might be losing some time in my procedure. ;-P

Don't use screws to hold your cap on, switch to neodymium magnets. save 3 maybe 4 seconds. or velcro...

I don't believe it. All you have to do is put a little grease on those threads so the poles go together easier and you can trim a whole bunch faster. I thought you'd have done that. I'm ashamed of you...

You could trim at least 20 seconds off that cleaning job if you just left the tools/ladder in place. :)

Leave the brush in the flue ready to go?

I saw your head turn to take a look at something other than the mission at hand! FOCUS!!! :)

Shari said:
You could trim at least 20 seconds off that cleaning job if you just left the tools/ladder in place. :)

Leave the brush in the flue. Love that slope behind the house. :lol:

LMBO, great editing work. I did laugh out loud when i saw it. Funny Stuff.

use less frames per second ? . love the video . pete

Thanks for all the great suggestions, next chimney cleaning I'll see if I can implement some of them. Between leaving the tools in place, the cocaine, greasing the pole threads and less frames per second I bet I can get it down to 30 seconds. :cheese:

Actually I really do like the magnet chimney cap idea, I don't like playing with those little screws up there, I'm always worried I'm going to drop one because I'll likely never find it again. Magneticly held chimney cap seems like a great idea.

Thanks for watching all.

CarbonNeutral said:
More cocaine, less safety - you could easily trim to 30 seconds.

I actually lolled at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.