Favorite firewood tote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered the LL Bean bag based on the recommendations here to replace my old LL Beam bag that I have had for the last 12 years. It did not were out or break I just like the new style better keeping debris in the bag.

Does anyone use the bag stand that they sell?

The LL Bean bag looks great. I've been using the cheaper (Walmart) open top one that a few have suggested. Much more convenient than a tub, or something with a zipper.

Well, I plan to use my daughter's wagon to bring the wood from the patio to the wood stove in the living room. Or maybe I'll use a crate on my small dolly (my big dolly is just too big for this). I figure I'll see what works once I'm there . . . it's getting closer! First I have to figure out how to get my household stuff there! I'm checking out movers over the next week or two.

I've thought about making one or two of these things out of the seed/coffee bean sacks that we buy at the farm store. They are handy for a LOT of stuff. I clean my saw IN THE HOUSE on them at times, use one underneath muddy shoes down by the back door, kids have had sack races in them, instant floor mat protector for your car, etc etc.

il_340x270.529852307_ig7x.jpg

I've seen several versions with different handle systems, I was thinking some straps that just looped down under the thing, but i haven't decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.