fed up with dealers that refuse to call back

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
just about have had it with so called dealers/service, that refuse to call back. the dealer that i baught the stove didnt even want to here from me, found a dealer 30 miles away that seams to be run out of their house, just answers the phone "hello". I had to ask if this was the stove place. still waiting for them to call me back to see if they located my part. called them at 9:30 am 6 1/2 hrs later called them back and they are not home. may be i should start stocking st.croix parts for other people? at lease I would get back to them and make some money. well think I am going to send a e-mail to the company to let them now about the poor service.

had a bad exhaust blower motor. The place that i baught the stove from didnt want to talk to me, the other dealer order the part 3 weeks ago I had to call them back to see if it came in and now they have to eather see if it came in and/or find it. they would call me back. its been 24 hrs now and no call tried to call them back yeasterday and there was no answer.

call the company, but they won't care: they have no control over individual dealers: the dealers just buy stoves from them, but are their own independent entity alltogether. There is no grand poobah that can make these guys jump.. St Croix is a cheap brand that anyone with a checkbook and a forktruck can become a "dealer". Good luck.

try energypartsplus.com, or one of the links to stoveparts on this site, you'll prb have better luck.

packerfan said:
summit said:
try energypartsplus.com, or one of the links to stoveparts on this site, you'll prb have better luck.

You may even get a better price!

yes, that, too... prob save 10-30% less shipping thru one of these sources.

Here's a tip. If you just need to order a part that you
are going to install you can call Dealers that are out
of your area and order it over the phone and they will
drop ship to your home. Worked for me. Go to the
St Croix web site and enter zip codes from areas other
than your own to bring up Dealers out of your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.