Feed Auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler G

Feb 10, 2011
Eastern MT
I have a Whitfield Optima 3. When I turn on the stove the auger makes a quarter turn and then quits. I have taken apart the motor from the auger. I removed the auger and cleaned out the shaft. The auger moves freely in the shaft. I also had older motor that I replaced a couple of years ago, that worked when I replaced. It is doing the same thing makes a quarter turn and then quits. I have also have the motor disconnected from the auger and still not working. Any suggestions on what to look at next. Thanks, Tyler

Possible failure to activate vacuum switch? Not enough umph in the combustion fan or bad gaskets or blockage in venting or blockage of the vacuum tubing from the burn chamber to the switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delta-T
Thanks for the suggestion. Thought I did a good job cleaning the stove pipe. Turns out I did a terrible job!! Thanks for your time

Better get on it, I see some snow in your future!

Status
Not open for further replies.