Feed Rate and Room Temp Mode (XXV)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedude110

Feeling the Heat
Aug 12, 2011
Central Connecticut
I read through the "How Your Harman" works thread, but I found it confusing in regards to this question. Will the feed rate control feed rate in room temp mode, or is this controlled exclusively through the ESP?

If the XXV is anything like the P series, think of the feed rate as a maximum rate. The ESP will control the feed rate up to the set point (feed rate dial) if that makes any sense.

Yup -- that makes sense, thanks.

I had problems with pellets spilling over the burnpot, despite doing a thorough cleaning of all venting. I turned the feed rate from 4-3, and what do you know -- the fire is lighting where it's supposed to in the burnpot.

Reactions: gbreda
Glad I could help.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.