feed rate for harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
hey guys.......if i use stove temp mode i do know that i'm using the settings on the inside of the dial.....is this the feed adjustment also along with the feed rate dial. the manual isn't real clear on this at least for me its not....just dont wanna go playin around till i know better...thanks

Set the feed rate dial to about 3-1/2 & leave it there.
This will keep the feed rate constant.
The other (inner) dial will tell the auger how many times to turn
- at the set feed rate - per hour...

The Harmans have stove temp and room temp modes. My Advance manual gave examples for each. Both called out for a feed setting of 4. That being said, playing with the settings is half the fun isn't it? Over time, you can tweak and tune your settings to your match how your pellets burn, outside temp, personal preferences, and all the many, many variables of heating.

I run mine in room temp mode, the manual says to run the feed rate at 4. I played around with it and found that my glass stays much cleaner when the feed is set on 3, and I still get plenty of heat. This may all change when the temperature outside takes a plunge.

I run mine in stove temp the majority of the time and the feed rate is set at 3 1/2.
This is the sweet spot for my stove when the pellet size is consistant.
Just set it and forget it.

I run mine at 4. I did turn it up to 5 and 6, and I did not see a big difference, but not drivng it hard at this point. I had it at 3 and it went out during the night, so I think maybe that was too low.

It is my understanding that if the burning pellets are being pushed to the front of the pot with a narrow ash lip it is too high and if the ash lip is too wide and the burning pellets only are in a small group by the feed auger it is too low.

My old pellet stove was all manual, so this fancy auto stuff is all new too me, so half the fun is playing with the settings!

Dealer suggested 4 and seems to run well.
We use room temp mode.
As far as I know, stove temp mode does not monitor the temp of the room.
If it happens to warm up, your room temp would rise and the stove would not throttle back.

I asked the same type of questions a while back and recieved some good info. Not sure how to bring the thread into here but if you do a search of my past posts you'll see all the info I was given.
Hope this helps
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.