Feed store score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flammam

Feeling the Heat
Dec 29, 2007
Western, Ma.
Stopped by the local feed store to pick up a few things this morning. While there i wandered by the "broken bag" pallet there were 25 bags of cornith pellets for 1.00 ea. I am almost to the end of a ton of Cornith and while not being the best pellet I have ever burned they heat the house. Picked them all up and tossed them in the back of the truck. The guy working there said they have taken back at least 10 tons because the pellet lenght is long and its clogging the feeders. I noticed some longer pellets in the ton I burnt but nothing over 1.5 inches and never had any feed problems.
I just couldn't pass them up at 50.00 per ton. I told the desk guy if they have any more returns to give me a call.

wow... now that was a deal . cant beat a buck a bag

Status
Not open for further replies.