1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Feedback and Opinions of Vogelzang Wood Stoves

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Torro, Feb 13, 2013.

?

Are Vogelzang good enough to be in your home?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
  1. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    The stove i have is a good stove see my sig.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    If you suffer through their marketing video you will hear the reference to imports about 3/4 through it, though they don't say from where. I suspect most of the assembly still takes place here but wouldn't be surprised if they are offshoring the casting.
  3. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    I purchased a Country Hearth 2000 last winter which i believe is sold by US stove. I have been pleasantly surprised and impressed with this attractive looking and well built stove. Performance is also very good. THe Price at $499 is just hard to argue with. It is a Small EPA air tube for secondary burn similar to the NC-30. It weighs bout 275 LBS. The 2500 and 3000 models are larger and cost more. 5sv-2500-xlg.jpg
    I also own a couple NC-30s as well and feel this stove is just as good
    I will say the model i have is in a large apartment so i got the smallest size available.
  4. Torro

Torro New Member

Well if I miss my guess the consensus is that I should go withe the Englander 30-NCH, I will wait until I see some price reductions (hopefully) and then jump on it. I was thinking about where are we going to keep our dog, he sleeps in the basement and if we install t his I am sure the heat will be more than he can handle. Any other suggestions tips or best practices to keep in mind for the install? I will have a local professional install it but want to make sure I do everything I can to address any common mistakes or improvements that can be made to enhance the install, performance, maintenance and longevity. Thanks again for your kind advice.
  5. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    Here is my stove Thought a pic would help.
    [​IMG]
  6. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    I got both of my 30 for $650 each with free shipping from HD . Once i had to type in a different ZIp code as my local store did not include the discount.
  7. Torro

Torro New Member

I am pretty much sold on the Englander 2200sf model, just going to wait to see if price comes down, I was thinking of buying now and trying to recoup the savings on heat but I also dont have any wood stacked up so I will probably wait. I thank you all for your candid and insightful remarks and I will keep this open for future input and an update on how things turn out.

I DO HAVE ONE OTHER QUESTION:

I have posted another discussion here ( http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/wood-stove-and-air-handler-in-same-space.104640/ ) where I am looking on feedback, code and safety info on installing the stove in the same space as my ventilation systems air handler.

As always your knowledge and time is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.