Feedback on my order of Cleanfire Supreme pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After burning about 4 bags of the 2.6 tons of pellets I ordered from Woodpellets.com I am happy to say, that these are quality pellets.

They burn very cleanly, with little soot or residue on the glass, there are no more fines than any quality pellet I have used(Lignetics, Hamer Hotones, Stove Show, etc). I would say fines per bag are about 1/2 cup. They are however dusty, but that isn't a problem for me.

When they burn, it is a clean looking flame that is more towards yellow than orange. Crap pellets have an orange, dirty looking flame as compared to good pellets.

As far as the heat they put out, it seems about normal to me, but I haven't made any efforts to measure the heat output. My house stays warm.

Ash content doesn't seem excessive in any way. The ash kind of clumps up into easy to remove balls. I like it.

There are no clinkers, and very very few hard deposit left in the burn pot.

These are the cleanfire premiums but on the PFI analysis it says "predominately hardwood"

When I read the description of their new Northern Blend of Cleanfire(Hardwood) pellets it said "clean, hardwood saw dust with, hard wood wood chips and just a slight amount of softwood to bind the pellets together" so I have no idea what I have, besides knowing they burn well.

Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase so far. Based on this, I would order these pellets again from Wood Pellets.com next summer.

Mark Fellows said:
After burning about 4 bags of the 2.6 tons of pellets I ordered from Woodpellets.com I am happy to say, that these are quality pellets.......These are the cleanfire premiums but on the PFI analysis it says "predominately hardwood".......I would order these pellets again from Wood Pellets.com next summer.

Mark, just in case you didn't know, the hardwood CleanFire pellets that PelletSales (WoodPellets.com) sells are actually NEWP bagged at the Schuyler, NY NEWP plant. Same pellet, different bag. Still a good pellet, IMO.

They better be....I have 4 tons myself. %-P

macman said:
Mark Fellows said:
After burning about 4 bags of the 2.6 tons of pellets I ordered from Woodpellets.com I am happy to say, that these are quality pellets.......These are the cleanfire premiums but on the PFI analysis it says "predominately hardwood".......I would order these pellets again from Wood Pellets.com next summer.

Mark, just in case you didn't know, the hardwood CleanFire pellets that PelletSales (WoodPellets.com) sells are actually NEWP bagged at the Schuyler, NY NEWP plant. Same pellet, different bag. Still a good pellet, IMO.

They better be....I have 4 tons myself. %-P

Next year, I would be willing to try either Cleanfire Pellets, "Hardwood" or Softwood. I think you have said that NEWP was a good pellet in the past, is that correct?

Mark :)

FYI, there are only three brands of pellets I ran into that I didn't like. The worst was Appling County Pellets(ACP) which were a dirty burning mess, the other was a brand I can't remember the name that came in a clear bag that had no PFI logo on them that Courtland got in at the end of the year and left creosote in my stove. The third pellet I don't like are Southern States, Statesman brand pellets made by Hamer.

The Statesman burn ok, but they make my stove look "Fuzzy" with little particles that collect on the inside of the stove and make it look really dirty. That is just an annoyance but a minor one. The major annoyance I have with the Statesman, is that they make my auger groan and screech, either because they are so hard(more likely) or that they are just the right size to get in between the auger blades and the feed tunnel and bind the auger slightly(less likely)

LOOK I HAVE A HARMAN P-68 AND i JUST BOUGHT 4 TONS OF ACP PELLETS. I STARTED BURNING THEM A FEW DAYS AGO AND THEY BURN GREAT AND THE I CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE AMOUNT OF ASH FROM ANY OTHER PELLET. I BOUGHT THE PELLETS FOR $220/TON AND THEY WERE A LOT CHEAPER THEN ANY OTHER PELLET. tHE MORAL OF THE STORY IS TO GET A GOOD PELLET STOVE THAT WILL BURN ANYTHING AND REAP THE REWARDS WITH THE YEARLY PELLET BUY. i THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO MAKE A SCIENCE OF ALL OF THE PELLET STOVE VARIABLES. YOU HAVE A STOVE, BUY THE PELLETS, FEED THE STOVE, GET HEAT AND ASH AND SMOKE AND LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. I HAVE READ SO MANY NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT ACP PELLETS BUT I SAID THAT THEY ARE CHEAPER AND STILL A WOOD PELLET SO I THINK IT IS WORTH IT TO GIVE THEM A SHOT. SO I DID AND THEY ARE A PELLET JUST LIKE ALL OF THE REST. I ALSO BOUGHT PENNINGTON PELLETS LAST YEAR AND EVERYONE SAID THEY WERE SOOOO BAD BUT I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE PRETTY GOOD. I BELIEVE MANY PEOPLE JUST WANT SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. JAY

Jay,

Please turn the caps offand repost. Very few wll even try to read your post with the caps turned on. Do you like to be screamed at?

Bkins

please302 said:
LOOK I HAVE A HARMAN P-68 AND i JUST BOUGHT 4 TONS OF ACP PELLETS. I STARTED BURNING THEM A FEW DAYS AGO AND THEY BURN GREAT AND THE I CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE AMOUNT OF ASH FROM ANY OTHER PELLET. I BOUGHT THE PELLETS FOR $220/TON AND THEY WERE A LOT CHEAPER THEN ANY OTHER PELLET. tHE MORAL OF THE STORY IS TO GET A GOOD PELLET STOVE THAT WILL BURN ANYTHING AND REAP THE REWARDS WITH THE YEARLY PELLET BUY. i THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO MAKE A SCIENCE OF ALL OF THE PELLET STOVE VARIABLES. YOU HAVE A STOVE, BUY THE PELLETS, FEED THE STOVE, GET HEAT AND ASH AND SMOKE AND LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. I HAVE READ SO MANY NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT ACP PELLETS BUT I SAID THAT THEY ARE CHEAPER AND STILL A WOOD PELLET SO I THINK IT IS WORTH IT TO GIVE THEM A SHOT. SO I DID AND THEY ARE A PELLET JUST LIKE ALL OF THE REST. I ALSO BOUGHT PENNINGTON PELLETS LAST YEAR AND EVERYONE SAID THEY WERE SOOOO BAD BUT I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE PRETTY GOOD. I BELIEVE MANY PEOPLE JUST WANT SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. JAY

Jay,

Please stop yelling at us! Glad you like the ACP's. at least there is someone that is going to buy there product. Personally I wouldn't burn them if they flat out gave them to me. I put some in the literbox and even the cats didn't like them.

Before you tell us how great these really are, Do us a favor 1st. Go get some great pellets. Burn them and see what a great product really is and you will also see what junk ACP pellets actually are. I will let the other members tell you what are great pellets.

jay

jtakeman said:
please302 said:

Jay,

Please stop yelling at us! Glad you like the ACP's. at least there is someone that is going to buy there product. Personally I wouldn't burn them if they flat out gave them to me. I put some in the literbox and even the cats didn't like them.

Before you tell us how great these really are, Do us a favor 1st. Go get some great pellets. Burn them and see what a great product really is and you will also see what junk ACP pellets actually are. I will let the other members tell you what are great pellets.

Now thats funny the cats wouldnt even use them. :lol:

mnkywrnch said:
jtakeman said:
please302 said:

Jay,

Before you tell us how great these really are, Do us a favor 1st. Go get some great pellets. Burn them and see what a great product really is and you will also see what junk ACP pellets actually are. I will let the other members tell you what are great pellets. .

Now thats funny the cats wouldnt even use them. :lol:

I think this person is one of the sales rep's that was selling pellets at the bigbox down the road from me. ALL pellets are the same! Yeah RIGHT! Wouldn't know a good product if it hit him in the head!

please302 said:

Uh, yeah, sure.

I have the cleanfire Premiums from Pellet sales, delivered early August. I got them based on the very good Cleanfires I got last year from them. I havent burned any yet as I still have 3/4 ton from last year. I opened a bag to look at and the obsevations are distinct. A much lighter color and the pellets are mostly smaller than last years. Last years were predominantly closer to 3/4 to an Inch in length. These now are mostly 1/2 to 1/4. Hopefully that means they will pass through the Auger better as a couple of the larger ones got stuck last year. Last years say Made in USA and this years Made in Canada.
I'm cleaning the stove right now and will load a bag in to check them out.

BTU - care to comment on this thread? I think we need clarification.

So if the Bag has "Softwood Blend" written right in the middle and the PFI label states "Predominantly Hardwood", this means they come under the Hardwood Pellets Label

You guys got to give the Stove chow a try from HD. I feel after burning 5 bags of cleanfire and 5 bags of stovechow I say the stove chow are a better pellet.The only scary thing to some may be the vary in length.There isnt even an ounce of anything in the bottom of these bags I am still in shock.

please302 said:

Dude, peddle your garbage somewhere else. Exactly how many threads are you gonna pollute screaming about how wonderful the ACP brand pellets are. They can't even give those things away on Craigslist.....

Once you buy a real quality pellet than you will forget about ACP and realize what you have really been missing. Better pellets mean better heat which equals better savings for YOU.

investor7952 said:
You guys got to give the Stove chow a try from HD. I feel after burning 5 bags of cleanfire and 5 bags of stovechow I say the stove chow are a better pellet.The only scary thing to some may be the vary in length.There isnt even an ounce of anything in the bottom of these bags I am still in shock.

I gave them a try last year and I like them as well. Better, Worse? I don't know. I just know I liked Stove Chow and I also like the Cleanfires I have just ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.