Feeding too fast?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bh21

Feb 2, 2023
Arkansas
I have a Lennox wood pellet stove, Winslow model I believe. Can anyone tell me how frequently the auger should feed pellets once lit? Mine is feeding every 2-3 seconds and it seems awful fast to me. It doesn’t seem like it used to be that way but I couldn’t swear to it. Thanks

From the Manual
Manual Operation After the stove is burning (see lighting above), the heat selector knob controls the pellet burn rate and the stove’s heat output. Turning the knob to setting 1 allows the stove to burn about 1.8 pounds of pellets per hour - about 8,500 BTUs per hour. Turning the knob to high allows the stove to burn 4.7 pounds of pellets per hour - about 39,000 BTUs per hour. Once set, the stove will continue to burn at this rate until shut off.

Manual