Feel free to ignore/602 gasket size.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nola mike

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2010
Richmond/Montross, Virginia
The purpose of this thread is simply so that I can find the glass gasket size of my 602 next time I'm looking (note to me: it's 3/16" round).
The stove has been getting more difficult to control lately, with cooktop temps climbing above 900' seemingly no matter when I shut the air completely off. I had partly attributed it to burning more liberty bricks (I'm using 2 splits/5 bricks per load now), but finally took my glass off and noticed that the gasket was missing in one corner. Made an emergency repair with some spare/wrong sized gasket, and also put some gasket at the top of the glass (where there is an unadjustable air wash gap). Seemed to help. Will get the correct sized gasket and replace hopefully next week...

Reactions: milleo
Thanks for posting this, Nola. This came in handy today. I've noticed the same symptoms over the last few weeks that past me was having 3 years ago. I don't suppose you made a note of the door gasket size as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.