Feels good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babalu87

Nov 23, 2005
middleborough, ma.
With the mild weather here we havent fired the stove in at least a week.
Low of 29 and its chilly now with temps in the low 40's by sunset and 34 now , feels nice to have the fire going again.
All I need now is for Big Popi to hit another bomb, Manny found his groove tonight with two

This time of year we have massive temp swings. Mornings here have been high teens, and afternoons in the 70's. I love the spring. I broke down and chopped some wood so i wake up to a warm house.
4 cords is on the menu for next year. Three didnt quite get me through.

I thought I was done burning too. I also had a fire for the first time in a couple weeks. You never know what the weather will bring in spring time. Look at the Dakota's, they had over 2' of snow!

Still have a face cord of firewood left over from 3 full cords. I have 2 Holz Haufens built with about 2 1/2 cords in each for next year, and still collecting more Oak at $30 per pickup load til I run out of room for it. I think by next fall firewood will be worth it's weight in gold!

Todd split now and stacked correctly with exposure to the sun you can burn it in the fall good work
Let us know if the holtz method works.

A sure win slipped away last night I thought I was watching homerun derby bummed about that

Got cold last night maybe the last fire in my Resolute Acclaim.
I am starting the proceedure of picking up the used Encore.
I figure I have to remove the bottom ash pan assembly to get the two wheeler under there.
If I don't I would chush it. While I'm at it I plan to remove many of thee parts as possible doors, top, inner plates,
to reduce the weight

Burning's done here but it does feel good to have 3 cords all stacked up, drying out for next winter. After a few $300 gas bills this past winter (before we bought the Vista), I can't wait to have a warm, cozy and inexpensive winter.

Moved the office to the basement this year. I am starting to think that I may be burning the stove in the office in July and August. I guess picking up a screen door for the basement walk-out door to let some heat in would be a better bet.

I figure that with my new Avalon rainier and my hosue I will want to have 5 cord dried..Figure on starting to burn pretty regularly the ist of October through Mid June

I have to figure out how to get some wood this year, i ran out in march. It normally takes me all of the short summer that we have to get it ready for september. Being mr mom is wonderfull but it doenst give you the chance to get wood done.I have been splitting a few pieces at a time, today the snow is cranking, i could realy use a fire.

snow in may YIKES

my back is aching just thinking about it

truthfully! I cant wait till fall to burn my new stove!

It can snow here pretty much any time of the year, it doenst mean its winter like all the time. Year before last i had a forth of july party, started out 60's and sunny, storm rolled over and dumped snow all day. Next day 60's and sunny again. Strange what altitude does to climate. Or summertime night time lows are in the 40's and 80's in the day. Not uncommon to get 50-60 degree swings. The only month i have never witnessed snow was august.

your plants are probably confused

how high are ya

i meant above sea level :wow:

they are about 8500ft around Tahosa Valley

you live in the mtns yhuh..thats quite a place, Allanspark Co..not much there

not much here?? i consider 60 people and a cafe a ton of stuff here. LOL. There are more summertime residents then winter.

You live off of HWY 7( Cabin Creek RD)??

Glacier basin??

thats beautiful Country..I live in the Adirondacks of NYS..I am just peeking in on you through Google Earth..Ever used it?

An upper level low will be arriving here in the
upper midwest later this week. Very little sun
& highs in the low 50's w/ overnights in the
upper 30's. Covered what's left of my outside
woodpile to keep it dry for use later this week.
My wood harvesting for next winter will begin
over the next couple of weeks. Anticipating need
for about 4 cords of med. hardwood to get by next
time around....

Rob

Yeah!!! I almost relish the chilly days here now. Great time to try out the BioBricks.

Gonna play with the starting/timing on the fire to see how to get the fastest start and best results for my stove:

P.S: I love being a wood burner. The sound of the heatpump kicking on is such an annoyance now ;)

Attachments

• Fire01.jpg
    Fire01.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Fire02.jpg
    Fire02.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 331
Rob From Wisconsin said:
An upper level low will be arriving here in the
upper midwest later this week. Very little sun
& highs in the low 50's w/ overnights in the
upper 30's. Covered what's left of my outside
woodpile to keep it dry for use later this week.
My wood harvesting for next winter will begin
over the next couple of weeks. Anticipating need
for about 4 cords of med. hardwood to get by next
time around....

Rob

Rob,
I saw the same weather report and I am looking forward to a couple evening fires to take the chill off. Still have some wood left over from last season I need to burn. Where abouts in WIS are you? I'm in Chippewa Falls.

DonCT said:
Yeah!!! I almost relish the chilly days here now. Great time to try out the BioBricks.

Gonna play with the starting/timing on the fire to see how to get the fastest start and best results for my stove:

P.S: I love being a wood burner. The sound of the heatpump kicking on is such an annoyance now ;)

don sorry for not being the brightest bulb on the tree but i have a question.
looks like you have three bricks going there in the pic's. how long does three bricks go?
oh one more.
how many can you put in at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.