fell a cord short this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4 cords

Hearth Supporter
Aug 31, 2008
central ct
Well I did the math and thought we had enough-- I was wrong one week of wood left .Have some oak that was split in october, but had some sizzle to it. Rather hold that for next year . So I need to buy :( a cord to finish the year . Anybody have a source in the Columbia Ct. area . Prefer seasoned split a year . Pm me any reputable sellers if you know one -thanks

I was lite this year too. Guess your gonna have to re-register as 5 cords! ;-)

In a pinch check out the compressed logs/bricks. Fully seasoned, ready to burn. Bio brick is a brand I have seen as well as others. Beats the heck out of oil way north of $3.00.

Will

4 cords said:
Well I did the math and thought we had enough-- I was wrong one week of wood left .Have some oak that was split in october, but had some sizzle to it. Rather hold that for next year . So I need to buy :( a cord to finish the year . Anybody have a source in the Columbia Ct. area . Prefer seasoned split a year . Pm me any reputable sellers if you know one -thanks

Depending on the weather we might be dipping into some of next years Cherry. We planned on burning 3 cord of Cherry this year and have just over 1 cord left of this years Cherry.

Zap

I think it's the same everywhere. I have some hard maple I was hoping I could save for next year but it looks like I may have to dip into that.

I don't want to discourage you because I'm not familiar with your local area but being in NE I think you'll probably have a hard time finding a good source of truly seasoned wood. I honestly think your best bet is going to be finding a forum member with a little excess that you can work out a trade/barter/purchase with, so you did right by posting the request here.

I'm running short too. Well, not short, but will be getting farther into next year's supply than I would like.

After I burn what I've carried into the house (end of this week) I'll be out of my "good stuff" for this year and will have to tap into next year's pile. Going to have to c/s/s 6 cord this spring.

Not really surprised with the winter we've been having. Normally I like winter but this one is out of control. The high (11* F) tomorrow will be 25 degrees below normal. Normally when we get into Feb there are several days where the temp moderates and the sun comes out...and I can get by with only a fire at night.

I'm not upset about processing the extra wood (I like that part) but 3 months of well below average temps wears on me...SICK OF IT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.