FFF.. What question really drives you nuts...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
That is what question do people always ask you either professionally or personally that makes you crazy? I heard this on a radio talk show and it was rather interesting.

For instance..I am a nuclear tech. I am constantly asked by patients "Is this gonna make me glow?":mad:

Another job related question I get asked as I prepare to pierce their skin with a large bore needle...
"Ahh..how long have you been doing this?":mad: oops....they now get the 18 gauge and I make it hurt going in..J/K......no I am not..
I got asked that this week and I told the snooty lady 6 weeks..;lol

I also hate "Do you have enough bracelets on?" :p

What questions do you get asked repeatedly that makes you crazy?

"what happened to your face?";hm...

cruel cruel world.

"You were in the war? Which army Union or Confederate?"

"when are you going to start working on the house again?" That's the question my wife asks me ALL THE TIME. I don't have the heart to tell her I'm just plain burnt out. We are on the tailend of a MAJOR remodel, and the living room (last part of the house left other than the garage interior) is in the middle of it now. It's sealed off from the rest of the house, and we are using our very large dining room as the temporary living room. I keep telling her "it will be done by Christmas". I just don't tell her what year. It's been working now for 2 years!

"Why are your feet so big?"

Its not really the question, but the explanation.
You then respond "you think my feet are big, you should see my other leg......" OK, I couldn't resist that one. All in good fun.......

Just to UH...clear the air...I treat all my patients with respect and treat them as if they are my family.....
I may "kid" around here but I take my job seriously and treat all patients the same. I do not want "some" of you to think otherwise..

Over and Out...

"Do you think you have enough wood cut?"

Reactions: Realstone
Where is my _________________? (wallet, makeup kit, cell phone, coffee cup, hair brush, slippers, glasses, watch, ring, any item a husband never touches) Unfortunately, the standard Navy response to that question cannot be uttered.

Q: What's the best computer?
A: Depends how you plan to use it, which just TOTALLY confuzzles 'em.
Q: Where's my _________?
A: Where'd you put it?
Q: Why do you have so many freckles? (haven't gotten this one in a long time)
A: Just lucky, I guess.
Gamma, if you treat your patients like family......should we worry?;)
I'm sure you're very professional at work, even if you do wear a lot of shiny stuff on your wrist. And, the answer to the bracelet q is, of course, "actually no, I think I'll go put some more jewelry on just to make you ask more stupid questions!"
My dear mom thinks I'm a bit "snarky". I prefer the term "smartazz".

"Why didn't this tech do that or this?" "What time is it?"

I dunno, ask them. I dunno.... look at the watch on your wrist or the clock on the wall and let me get done what I'm doing *grumbles*

"Why did you delete my post?"

Mine is:
"Can I ask you a question?"

Just ask the freakin question.

"you raise clams..so what do you do in the winter?" ...Do they think the clams at the seafood market were caught last summer?

Do you want a beer? I'm still standing, keep em coming!!!!!!!!

KC

Poor Doug

Reactions: Gasifier and pen
Not many, really, since most of silly ones just mask the actual intent of the question. I do the translation for them, and then see if the question is lame, needs an answer, or needs clarification. For example: "Working hard or hardly working?"
Translation: "Hello." (no answer needed)
Translation: "Listen to my funny." (question is lame depending on your sense of humor)
Translation (when I'm obviously working): "Are you actually busy?" (question is still lame, but needs an answer)
Translation (when I'm obviously relaxing): "Derp." (could be "hello", but clarification is needed if the person is a known cretin).

My previous job required extensive travel. Quite often I would have to stop and ask for directions (pre GPS don't ya know). This is how it usually went: "Excuse me sir, how do I get to (insert destination here)? 9 times out of 10 they would say "from here?" I would think "No you DMF from Disney World!

Just to UH...clear the air...I treat all my patients with respect and treat them as if they are my family.....
I may "kid" around here but I take my job seriously and treat all patients the same. I do not want "some" of you to think otherwise..

Over and Out...
If I ever needed to be nuked you'd be my first choice.

Reactions: GAMMA RAY
Mine is:
"Can I ask you a question?"

Just ask the freakin question.

When someone says that to me I reply "You just did,now leave me alone,I'm very busy."

Reactions: firebroad
Status
Not open for further replies.