Fiber Board Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marjohnson

Sep 9, 2013
I have an ESW 55-SPHEP that I purchased and installed this fall after a lot of reading on this forum. Still doing a lot of reading to get it fine tuned, it had air leaks all around the ash pan, door and hopper lid and a bad convection blower. ESW has been great about sending all the parts out to get it running properly just like people mentioned on here. It kept our house nice and toasty during the extreme cold we had and I would still recommend this stove to people even with all the fine tuning I have had to do.
My question is, I broke the fiber board when cleaning the stove today. Is this just there for looks or does it serve an actual purpose? It looks fine to me without it in there and if it serves no purpose other than looks I will keep the $60 that it cost.

It insulates the stove body of the combustion chamber and prevents tripping the high limit switch. Designed to burn with the firebrick so if it missing and there is a problem, warranty and home insurance may not cover damages. I'd rather be safe... spend the $60

Status
Not open for further replies.