Fiber Resource Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0872

Feb 9, 2009
MO
I am looking to buy my pellets for the season and I have two choices on pellets Fiber Resource and Piny Woods. I can get them for 189.50 a pallet. I am wondering if these are good brands I havent used either of these.

sc0872 said:
I am looking to buy my pellets for the season and I have two choices on pellets Fiber Resource and Piny Woods. I can get them for 189.50 a pallet. I am wondering if these are good brands I havent used either of these.

Never heard of either one of these. Price is great, but if the pellets are not, might be a problem.

Found the website for Piney Woods Pellets: www.pwpellets.com/index.html.

Brand new operation this summer out of Mississippi. Claim they will make softwood, or blend "premium" pellets, and they will be 8000 btu's/lb, and less than 1% ash. No moisture content listed.

Not sure I'd buy a new pellet in large quantity unless i burned 4-5 bags first.

As for the Fiber Resources pellets, the only thing I could find was that their out of Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

Burned alot of Fiber Resource. Lot of ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.