File Handles - FH1 Soft Grip (From Stihl)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I ordered these soft grip file handles from our local Stihl dealer. The wooden handles seems to fall off, the hard plastic are good so I'll see how these are.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6016.JPG
    100_6016.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 226
Husky had some a while back that you squeeze and they released the file or allowed you to insert a new one. Really liked those, wonder if they still make 'em?

Those look nice and comfy. I have gone off the deep end with sharpeners. The Stihl kit is my favorite. Feels the best in my hands.

Husky had some a while back that you squeeze and they released the file or allowed you to insert a new one. Really liked those, wonder if they still make 'em?

Yep... I just bought.one from my dealer the other day. Had a whole box of them. And there "kits" come with them also ( guide/gauge, round file, flat file, handle)

2012-07-11_19-13-41_336.jpg

Reactions: MasterMech
The stem from a tubeless tire works for a file handle for small files in a pinch. Or drill a hole in an old golf ball for larger files.
For chain saws, the right handle makes better comfort and control

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.