Filled some stacks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefighter938

Feeling the Heat
Dec 25, 2014
Central Indiana
Took advantage of the nice weather to get some splitting and stacking done. My little man came with me to play in the woods. 48* and sunny on Feb 5th, I'll take it!

Filled some stacks
Filled some stacks
I had some standing dead ash with all the bark gone split, but ran out of pallets to make another full rack so I just made a cube. I didn't want to leave it on the ground. It's so dry it would probably burn fine now, but will have to wait until next year.

That looks great, good seasoning spot to, plenty of sun and I'm sure wind, I don't know what's better, splitting and making a nice clean stack or actually burning it in the stove.

Fresh cut a couple of days before, mulberry stump.
Filled some stacks

Looking great, I am working on some Mulberry myself that is dead fallen in the timber. It's a big one though!!!!

As you can tell from my picture, mine was a relatively small fence buster at only about 8 inches diameter.

As you can tell from my picture, mine was a relatively small fence buster at only about 8 inches diameter.
Oldman47 that is perfect size for splitting and lifting up if you have to. The one I am working on is like I need my head examined cause it's so big..

Status
Not open for further replies.