Filled the wood box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
New wood chute works really good. Easy open & close.
Most all spruce & some birch uglies.
Got up to 48° today & sunny. Gonna be a clear cold night.
To get in the 20s tonight & tomorrow night, might need a fire for a few days :)
Box holds 2 trailer loads.

100_8053.JPG 100_8054.JPG

100_8055.JPG 100_8056.JPG

nice set-up sure beats carrying all the pieces in the back door like I do. If/when I install a stove in the basement I might do something like that.

I like the chute, Dave. When I was burning the furnace in the basement, I would lay a piece of plywood on the steps, and dump the trailer down it. My trailer is almost exactly like yours. Now I have two racks in the garage that hold about 1/4 cord each. Empty one and refill it while I burn from the other.

If the accuweather forecast is right, after next weekend I'll be burning full time. Highs around 50, lows around 30.

Nice job bogydave! Very efficient way to to get your burn on!

Now, that is cool:cool:

bogydave that is a sweet setup.

Beauty

When the heart of winter hits and its really cold, all you will have to do is sit in your easy chair. All of your labor will have been done Dave.
It's all clear sailing from here out.

Nice setup and wood you have.

Nice set up dave. That gives a whole new meaning to dropping logs.

Thanks all.
Saves a big mess & a great time saver.
Wife throws in the splits, & I stack.

Reactions: ScotO
Now thats a slick ideal. Nice Green grass you've still got up there.

Very cool setup Dave!

Looks like a nice setup Bogydave, next weekend will be our first loading of the racks, all white pine.

zap

Keep the wood coming Dave. Winter is almost to you now.

Dave that is a great setup. I do something very similar, except instead of a chute I have a window I can open and from the outside just drop it into the woodbox. Sounds like winter is starting for you guys up there. I may have to build a fire this week, but it will still be a month or more before I'll have to build big fires or burn overnight.

reminds me of the old days growing up on the farm two of us would toss wood thru the chute then go in and stack in the basement

Not so green in the morning:
View attachment 75659

My sister posted a pic of the dusting of snow on her porch this past weekend . . . needless to say as an avid sledder/skier (downhill, telemarking and cross country and ski journing with her dog) and snow shoer she is pretty excited.

Very tasty.

great idea, Dave? Did you "invent" that thing? I love it! makes bringing splits into the house seem alot easier, and even fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.