Filled up The stash!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenwing

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2012
Northern Maryland
I was running low, very low on pellets only 4 bags left! Not many places to get pellets now, but I was able to pick up a ton of Penwood Pellets for 229.00. This will hold me over, and also help me start the next burning season. I wish I could get more, but I only can store a ton at a time!

Attachments

• penwood pellets.jpg
    penwood pellets.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 130
Nice pellet hauler, Does it handle the whole ton?

How do you like the Penwoods?
It is a dodge dakota, so I only haul 25 bags on it at a time. The suspension is heavy duty in this truck, but I do not push it since I have to drive 20 mins down the highway to get pellets. My brother in law met us there and picked up the other half a ton. I burned 5 bags before I bought a ton, and I loved them. They seem to put out some heat, and have very little in the way of fines. As far as ash goes, I had a dirty stove when I tried out the 5 bags so I will report back on that! I know there are a lot of more expensive pellets out there, barefoots, hammers, turman, so on and so forth, but as long as I can keep the price under 230 a ton, and keep the house warm I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.