Filling a Quadra-Fire Hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbjelka

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2008
Western CT
I just realized this week I can fit quite a bit more pellets in my Quad Castile Insert hopper by pushing them back during fill. This may be old news for some but I wish I knew this earlier this season. Probably fit a few hours worth more just by reaching in and settling them back on the right side of the hopper. I was always wondering how the hopper spec could be 45 pounds and I could not even fit a 40 pound bag.

uhhhh.... yeah.... pretty much goes for any unit. Push them around filling in all areas and you will fit more in.

I usually tell any customers I visit about this, probably no one else at my store does though.

jtp10181 said:
uhhhh.... yeah.... pretty much goes for any unit. Push them around filling in all areas and you will fit more in.

I usually tell any customers I visit about this, probably no one else at my store does though.

Yeah I'm sure I am not getting any patents on this one, but I'm sure there are a few people out there who might be surprised at how much more will fit with a little stir.

Hey Ground, I have a Santa Fe and just found out the same thing....My extra space is toward the glass.....I've had my stove 2 mos now

Yes, I also found out that there is a pocket towards the glass. Even though, it's got to be almost out to get a full bag in. someone should make a nice cast riser that fits the opening and uses the existing lid.

I'm sure one will be out soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.