Filter for air intake?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMCSullyMan

Oct 23, 2014
North Shore, MA
Hi everyone,

I'm having a Timberwolf TPS35 installed in the next few days and I have a question. I'm not having an OAK installed yet so I'll be drawing air in from the room. I have 3 pets that do shed throughout the winter. I was thinking about fitting a piece of screen of mesh over the intake to stop pet hair from being sucked in the stove. Has anyone done this and can provide and insight? Or am I putting too much thought into this and worrying about nothing.

I don't think it's necessary. Any hair drawn into it will be burnt up when it goes through the burn pot.

My stove is in "the dog's room" with no outside air, I've never had any hair problems with it.

Dave

No issues with our. And I could get a second dog out of her with how much she sheds.

With 3 pets, pay extra attention to the screen on the convection fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.