Final NC-30 Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeave96

Minister of Fire
Apr 22, 2010
Western VA
I appreciate everyone's responses to my NC-30 questions.

Do you load your stove N/S or E/W? I think the stove is designed for E/W, but I like the idea of N/S loading just to keep the logs from rolling out of the stove front and easier stacking. Does N/S blacken the glass from outgassing out the end of the splits on the glass?

I gather that this stove, being an EPA stove, will not shut all the air off when fully dampered down. My guess is that the additional air is coming from some well placed hole in the firebox somewhere. Anyone felt the need to close these holes and why?

Do I need an adapter for the stove pipe collar when using 6 inch stove pipe?

Thanks again,
Bill

I've yet to find a 30 owner who likes to burn e-w. N-S is the way to go.

I personally have not had a need to adjust the factory air settings. Maybe if I had an overly strong draft I'd consider it.

The stove is a 6 in stove collar.

pen

The 30-NC has a deep fire box and you will need long arms that are covered with long gloves to load E-W!

Status
Not open for further replies.