Finally, a Craigslister that actually gets it!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
Sure he's not paying huge money, but at least he doesn't want you to pay lol!

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/zip/2409390676.html

cut these two trees for firewood to keep AND A BONUS $400 .COME OUT TO CUT THESE TREES QUICKY SO YOUR FIREWOOD CAN SEASONED FOR THE WINTER TIME . THIS IS THE BEST DEAL FOR FIREWOOD RIGHT NOW .TEXT OR CALL 317-652-3373 LANDIS.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Not bad.Much better than we're all used to seeing...

Could be a good deal. Whoever they get had better have experience and the right tools. In the second picture I see a driveway (because there is a car parked there), street (probably with power lines), and fence. Pics from the ad re-posted below.

Last summer my friends paid $200 to have a medium sized maple dropped only. They gave me the wood. :)

Attachments

• 3n13k93la5O35U35R5b5t7e433bd5b2c414c1.jpg
    3n13k93la5O35U35R5b5t7e433bd5b2c414c1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 3kf3pb3l15Q65Z35U5b5t28b9c59c033f1064.jpg
    3kf3pb3l15Q65Z35U5b5t28b9c59c033f1064.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 451
Bocefus78 said:
Sure he's not paying huge money, but at least he doesn't want you to pay lol!

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/zip/2409390676.html

cut these two trees for firewood to keep AND A BONUS $400 .COME OUT TO CUT THESE TREES QUICKY SO YOUR FIREWOOD CAN SEASONED FOR THE WINTER TIME . THIS IS THE BEST DEAL FOR FIREWOOD RIGHT NOW .TEXT OR CALL 317-652-3373 LANDIS.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

We do seem to geta few smarter people than most you see on here...

A pretty darned good quarterback in your area too Jay.

Is a good post to see but I'm going to guess his "smarts" came after months or more of postings probably starting something like this : " Great trees and firewood you can burn this year available - you pay me $800 and I'll let you work hard and clean up my yard - you must be insured and pay up front and have it done in 2 hours" - then the next one was "Great trees and firewood you can burn this year available - you pay me $400 and I'll let you work hard and clean up my yard - you must be insured and pay up front and have it done in 4 hours" then "Need trees dropped and I'll let you keep the firewood for free"..... etc etc.
I've watched some in my area that have evolved like that. Many are for pine. My Fave is still ongoing- was a guy with a bunch of silver maples that I guessed at being about 3 cords based upon the diameter he said- he wanted someone to pay him $800 for the honor of cutting them down, hauling everything away and stumping! Latest post is he's down to $300. I've emailed him links to this web site and made an offer of dropping them for free and hauling the good wood away and piling the limbs and leaves neatly for his enjoyment but somehow I don't think he's going to call me anytime soon:)
Craigslist- some good scores from time to time and an endless source of knee slapping ads from the clueless:)

Backwoods Savage said:
A pretty darned good quarterback in your area too Jay.

Thanks Dennis.....Been splitting and stacking for 2 days this week just about to finish up this years wood. Had a few big piles of rounds a couple years old. Good thing I had it with all the snow and rain this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.