Finally, a decent pellet to buy here in Oklahoma

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay H

Feeling the Heat
Sep 9, 2009
Central Oklahoma
Or at least I think its a decent pellet after doing a search and read a few post about the Greenway pellets. Lowes has several pallets at $209.50/ton and I asked if I could get a discount for buying bulk. He offered 10% off per ton making the price $188.55. That is considerably less than I paid for Peningtons the last several years.
What say yall?
I need to purchase this weekend, theres a blue northern moving in and its supposed to get down in the 30s at night. I know thats not cold to a lot of you (lol) but it will require me to light a fire.

Greenways did very well for me. I'd jump all over that deal quickly!
Thanks, thats all I needed to hear from a professional like yourself!

Or at least I think its a decent pellet after doing a search and read a few post about the Greenway pellets. Lowes has several pallets at $209.50/ton and I asked if I could get a discount for buying bulk. He offered 10% off per ton making the price $188.55. That is considerably less than I paid for Peningtons the last several years.
What say yall?
I need to purchase this weekend, theres a blue northern moving in and its supposed to get down in the 30s at night. I know thats not cold to a lot of you (lol) but it will require me to light a fire.

Fellow Oklahoman here.....and i've purchased 2 ton of greenways this year as well.....bought them at my local Orscheln Farm and Home. You'll enjoy them burned them, 2 years ago picked up a ton and they are awesome. They also got some softwoods in also. Eco-Flame from colorado...thinking bout picking up a few to try...

Fellow Oklahoman here.....and i've purchased 2 ton of greenways this year as well.....bought them at my local Orscheln Farm and Home. You'll enjoy them burned them, 2 years ago picked up a ton and they are awesome. They also got some softwoods in also. Eco-Flame from colorado...thinking bout picking up a few to try...
Thanks for the review.
On the softwood, dont they produce less heat? I tried some 3 years ago and it just seemed like it wasnt burning as hot.

Keep us posted on how you like them? Should be a far cry from those penningtons you were burning(unless they were the 100% oak version).

Thanks for the review.
On the softwood, dont they produce less heat? I tried some 3 years ago and it just seemed like it wasnt burning as hot.

Was you buying the penningtons with the yellow bag??? Made in Greenfield Missouri?

Keep us posted on how you like them? Should be a far cry from those penningtons you were burning(unless they were the 100% oak version).
The penningtons burned really dirty so I think they were part leaves and bark.

Was you buying the penningtons with the yellow bag??? Made in Greenfield Missouri?
Honestly I dont recall. They were pine and smelled strongly of it.

Going to Lowes to buy 2 ton of the Greenway tomorrow I think.

Eco-Flame from colorado...thinking bout picking up a few to try...

RUN RUN AWAY. Or at least only buy a few bags. I burned a bunch of those as shoulder pellets last year. They're terrible. Almost no heat. Never burned infernos, but they can't be any worse. I thought my room air blower was broken for several days because the Eco flame didn't make enough heat to make the blower kick on.

RUN RUN AWAY. Or at least only buy a few bags. I burned a bunch of those as shoulder pellets last year. They're terrible. Almost no heat. Never burned infernos, but they can't be any worse. I thought my room air blower was broken for several days because the Eco flame didn't make enough heat to make the blower kick on.

Thanks for the heads up....just curious bout softwoods since we don't get much around here...

Picked up a ton of Greenway at Lowes last night and will likely get another ton Sat. but I need to shop around more and see what everyone else is selling too.

Picked up a ton of Greenway at Lowes last night and will likely get another ton Sat. but I need to shop around more and see what everyone else is selling too.

what town you live in? Trust me...Greenways are the best i've tried...been burning for 6 years and ive been pleased with them.

what town you live in? Trust me...Greenways are the best i've tried...been burning for 6 years and ive been pleased with them.
I live in Tuttle, about 30 miles SW of OKC.
I'm really excited to try these. My stove has 30# of left over pellets from last year. Sutton I believe is what the bag said and they were crap! Burn very dirty, always large clinkers to remove in just a short amount of time. I have tried several brands over 7 years and none have impressed me. The old Penningtons I used to get were decent but they went to schit the last few years so its refreshing to be able to get a better quality pellet and at a cheaper price than the crap I have been buying in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.