Finally cold enough for a 24/7 fire in the lopi liberty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lopiliberty

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2011
WV
After an unusually warm first part of December it has finally been cold enough this week for a 24/7 fire in the liberty. With highs in the 50s and 60s there was no way I could have a continuous fire in my liberty because it would be over 100 degrees in the house. I was beginning to think we wasn't going to have a winter here this year,but I just watched the weather and they said something about a significant snow storm here Monday or Tuesday and highs barley getting out of the lower 30s all next week. I was getting very tired of restarting a fire everyday. Outside temperature is currently 35 degrees with a 30 MPH wind and the living room is a toasty 83 degrees with the stove cruising at 660 degrees. I am probably one of a handful of nuts that actually like winter.

lopiliberty said:
After an unusually warm first part of December it has finally been cold enough this week for a 24/7 fire in the liberty. With highs in the 50s and 60s there was no way I could have a continuous fire in my liberty because it would be over 100 degrees in the house. I was beginning to think we wasn't going to have a winter here this year,but I just watched the weather and they said something about a significant snow storm here Monday or Tuesday and highs barley getting out of the lower 30s all next week. I was getting very tired of restarting a fire everyday. Outside temperature is currently 35 degrees with a 30 MPH wind and the living room is a toasty 83 degrees with the stove cruising at 660 degrees. I am probably one of a handful of nuts that actually like winter.

You would like the weather we are having, NOAA says with the windchill it will be -15 to -25 below tonight, this would make that Liberty draft even better. :vampire:

zap

zapny said:
lopiliberty said:

You would like the weather we are having, NOAA says with the windchill it will be -15 to -25 below tonight, this would make that Liberty draft even better. :vampire:

zap

That just makes me sick. With that wind chill all I would need is about a foot of snow blowing and drifting and I would be the happiest person in the world

I filled our stove for the first time last night. So far all we'd been doing is a few splits at a time. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little snow and back into the 30's so light loads again.

Status
Not open for further replies.