Finally decided dht 22 ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcole50

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2013
Ohio
Having asked here and another forum I finally decided and bought the dht 22 with some great discounts. My only complaint which I will fix is some serious rattling while in the vertical position. I plan to remove some bolts and put some type of rubber or plastic washer or something to cut down on noise. Any recommendations lemme know
cef48fbadda30f5d83f2f758414ce17b.jpg

4133b071849445161112cc9d4568ff1f.jpg

Very good choice. They look like a first class unit with great support.

I plan to remove some bolts and put some type of rubber or plastic washer or something to cut down on noise. Any recommendations lemme know

If it is just a side clearance issue, "O" rings can be strategically placed to put a positive pressure on the bolts.

Reactions: TreePointer
Hey TJ! I'm in the market for a 22 ton myself, and I've been eyeing the DHT unit. Where did you buy it, and what was the discount? Thanks bud!

Lowes. Was 1099 they price matched tsc across the road on their country line for 949 plus I got 10% military and I had some gift cards I guess they don't count as a discount unless you have them. But tax and all out the door I was at 700$

That's not a bad deal at all. Don't all vets get a discount at Lowes?

Yes sir. But around hwre you have to have a county registered va card. They wouldn't accept drivers license that showed the armed forces stamp. We don't get to keep mil Id anymore because of some computer chip in them

22 is all I need and I have put some huge crotches through it I'm happy wife's happy overall great purchase if you cut and split your own and plan to for awhile

My FIL is a vet, but didn't retire. Would/could he have a valid ID card?

He isn't still serving. He's been out for 20 years or so, but the discharge was regular/honorable. In this case would he have one? (Or I could just ask him.)

Right . If he doesn't tell him to call up the local va and see if they can pull some thing up for him. I cannot remember if you have to serve in a war time or wether any service counts?

OK. Thanks for the info, fellas. I'm looking forward to a splitter soon even though we haven't even burned a cord yet on our little Jotul F3 CB. Granted the weather has been fairly warm this winter. I guess I just like making stacks of wood.

Around here Lowes will take a DD214 as proof for that 10% discount. I was looking at splitters a few days ago and a 22 ton had a sticker saying it was marked down to $999 from $1099. I am not a vet but even getting the Lowes credit card will give you a 5% discount. For that splitter the 5% discount would bring the splitter in at $949. I look at my 5% discount as mostly paying the 6% sales tax.

Right and I forgot about dd214... I know my lowes 15 min from me wouldn't accept it tho. I showed them pictures of me in Iraq with my unit before I got my va Id... still was a no

I got 22 ton from Tractor supply, My lowes had none of DHT in stock at the time when I needed it. It rattles as hell in vertical position as well. I looked at DHT after and liked it better. Seems more detailed : plastic tube for instructions, marks for measuring log sizes etc. Overall the same.

The sticker for measurements are already taking a beating and will be worn off in no time. I plan to paint marks at 16-18-20+ when it's completely gone

Actually I thought it's going to wear real quick. They should have make dented marks. But for this price it's too much to ask, I guess. My stove accommodates up to 24 inch logs, so, not much use for me.

Nice tractor ,If I had one with attachment like this my wrists and fingers would not be hurting from rolling and moving all the wood.
Just cut and split huge oak yesterday.

It is nice but the 455 is limited in what I can do. It is a garden tractor after all but it does help out for sure

All I have is JD 425 zero turn 54 inch mower. It's 3,5 acres with some woods and grass , I dream about tractor like yours but it's gonna be overkill ,I think. So, shovel and utility cart for now. Even with big 6 trees I just put down and need to process.

Never overkill. The 455 is only 2wd with locking diff. I want a 4x4 sub cut. But they cost 3x what mine did. I got a hell of a deal on this one and couldn't pass it up.

It is hard to find decent used JD for discounted price , may be I'll hunt it in a late winter.

Keep your eyes peeled I bought mine from a dealer In Penn . 455 deere, loader, 54" cut, bushel bagger, 6 suitcase weights, 2 sets of chains, a 17p cart, and a broadcast spreader for just under 6k. Already had a guy offer 2,000 for my fel . I didn't know it but apparently the loaders are hard to find for 4xx series deere. The 455 also seems to be a sought after garden tractor around here

Status
Not open for further replies.