Finally decided on a stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally made the decision on what stove I am getting and im going with the Englander 30. I found it at a local hardware store. they had a price tag of $999 on it but I talked them down to $899 and they will also deliver and help me get it into the house and onto the hearth. Too bad I missed out on the home depot spring sale on them.

The only thing I have left to decide is what brand chimney pipe I will get. Home depot or menards is 2.5 hours away and the local store carries metalbestos (selkirk). Any preferences on brand? Price is also a factor as I am wanting to do this cheap, but also don't want to buy a product that wont hold up long term.

Selkirk is ok, though you might want to price compare. If you can go straight up through the house it is usually cheaper than going out the wall and the flue will perform better. Plan out the system, make sure they carry all the parts and have them give you a price for the system.

The plan is to go straight up and out. There will be no bends in the chimney and going to try and go with no bends from the stove to the ceiling support box. It depends on my ceiling joist location but from what i can tell without actually going all the way up into the attic space (I hopefully will only have to once for this install as it is a tight fit) I should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.