Finally did it, pulled the trigger yesterday!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveB

Feb 9, 2012
South Central PA.
We are the proud owners of a brand new Harman P43 and loving it! Pics to follow later today! The '07 PDVC will be going to a new home as a second stove for Brother & Sister in-law. It was a great trouble free stove but we were really looking for more automatic temperature regulation. That part of the house warms up quick and tended to overheat especially in the shoulder seasons. The wife is very happy with this stove so far so that makes my life better ;)

Congrats! Glad it's working out so well :)

Reactions: SteveB
Good luck on your Harman. Trying to get my folks to convert from their countryside when it's time comes. Over ten years old and is in if it moves, it's worn or weak. I hate when the house is overheated and wasting fuel. Total pain to clean properly and have to clean so frequently.

Reactions: SteveB
Thanks all! Had it on auto last night set on the wife's ideal temp (a little higher than my ideal temp but a small sacrifice to make ==c) . I know it cycled on and off several times because I slept in the recliner in the same room just so I had piece of mind that the control board wasn't gonna develop a mind of it's own and try to roast us out (a little paranoid maybe, but I'm good with it now, and I did just install a brand new smoke/CO detector yesterday and had the pipes sealed well with hi-temp silicone RTV also so I figured I would make it thru the night, which I did). She was very happy to walk into the room this morning and it was not too hot and not too cold, just right! I was kind of impressed that the glass on the door was every bit as clean as it was when I installed it. I think my other two stoves didn't have the greatest airwash abilities, I don't know maybe its too soon to tell but overall we both really like this stove so far! The dealer was awesome, the first time I stopped in he spent about an hour and a half talking with me about the Harman stoves and pellet stoves in general ( I know, I have the sickness really bad). I was impressed at how easy it is to get to the blowers and how easy it seems to clean and maintain although I did download the manual and read it about 16 times and watched all of the videos on the Harman website so I knew pretty much what I was getting (yes, I have it bad...). It is quieter than I expected and no helicopter noise so far. We put it in the fireplace mode this morning and watched the fire with our coffee. Very nice and it does put off good heat even without the distribution blower running. Had to shut it back down after a little bit. Ok, I'm done, will put up some pics later. Want to get one with it burning but its way too warm right now. Carry on....

Thanks all! Had it on auto last night set on the wife's ideal temp (a little higher than my ideal temp but a small sacrifice to make ==c) .
I don't mind it a little warmer, then she takes more clothes off... just sayn. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.