Finally done for this year!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed something about my parents. When I was little they were so darn smart. They knew about everything. When I got into my teens, they started to get a little less smart and then just plain old dumb. Then, in my mid twenties they started to get their wits back. By my thirties they had made some serious improvement. Now, that I am in my forties, they are almost as smart as when I was a little.

Flatbedford said:
I noticed something about my parents. When I was little they were so darn smart. They knew about everything. When I got into my teens, they started to get a little less smart and then just plain old dumb. Then, in my mid twenties they started to get their wits back. By my thirties they had made some serious improvement. Now, that I am in my forties, they are almost as smart as when I was a little.

That's a good one

Nice work Andybaker! That has to make you damn glad to see done. That is one of the things about working with wood. C/S/S has immediate progress that you can see. That was a lot of work on your part. And now you can relax for a bit and enjoy. Take a few weeks and do nothing with wood but burn and enjoy those fires. It is nice when you can relax around the fire with the wife and kids and/or a friend or two. Nice work man. I wish I had that much wood put up. Time for me to get going on next years Ash.

andybaker said:
Hey guys, thanks a lot! I don't hear too many compliments about my wood pile. In fact, mostly what I hear is things like, "Got enough wood? Man that's a lot of wood! Do you know how long that would last me?" ect... My favorite, my son, "Dad, when I grow up, I'm going to have a furnace!" Makes me wonder, where did I go wrong. What is it with so many people today that can't respect the hard work of some one else, especially the kids. My own kid? I was nothing like that when I was young. I thought we were teaching them right. Somewhere along the way that message got lost I guess. I shrug it off, but I know deep down it bothers me. Hey, I'm getting a little philosophical here, sorry. My second hobby behind getting firewood is the observation of issues of sociology. Either way you look it, in all people there is an interesting story to be heard. Anyway, it's nice to hear you guys like the work I've done. That means a lot coming from those I consider the best there is.

Don't worry . . . you're among friends here. We understand.

Oh yeah . . . also about the kid . . . don't worry about it . . . he says he will run the furnace now . . . but when he gets old enough and realizes that he has the choice of burning wood and putting in a few hours of work or burning oil/gas/etc. and having to cut back on buying the toys, dinner out, etc. he may well decide that his Old Man was a pretty smart guy . . . add in a day or two without power and having a cold house and he may think having a woodstove is a very, very good idea. I think many of us grew up thinking the whole wood thing was a lot of work and was boring . . . until we started to pay the bills.

Funny thing is that I grew up with no wood burning in my house. We always joked that poor old Santa would end up in the oil burner. I always wanted to do the wood thing. I loved to watch my neighbor cut split and stack his wood. I always wanted to have a saw, truck, and all the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.