Finally done (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
I finally got the Shelburne installed. I needed to extend the hearth. Used 1/2" Micore and the bluestone. I needed to enlarge the opening in the chimney to get the liner through. I have a "t" and then an adaptor to the stove off the tee snout. I sealed everything with stove cement. I need to have a buddy help me with the block off plate. I am not happy with the way it came out...they sure are a pain in the...

It is very interesting learning different stoves. This one is much different getting started than the other one I had in the old house. Both are cast, but this stove, even with air all the way open, doesn't seem to get going as easy.

I think I need to put a heat sheild on the mantel. It is 28 inches from the stove. I am not sure of the clearance? I am not sure what it would be classified under in the manual. One reads 36 inches, and the other says 18 inches. Can anyone help me here?

http://www.hearthstonestoves.com/assets/files/document_library/Shelburne8370Manual.pdf

Attachments

• stove 1.jpg
    stove 1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 227
  • stove 2.jpg
    stove 2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 238
  • stove 3.jpg
    stove 3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 226
  • stove 4.jpg
    stove 4.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 217
  • stove 5.jpg
    stove 5.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 231
  • stove 6.jpg
    stove 6.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 220
  • stove 7.jpg
    stove 7.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 220
  • stove 8.jpg
    stove 8.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 229
Edit: Never mind, looking at the pictures the wrong way. Is it lined to the top or dumps into the masonry chimney?

Status
Not open for further replies.