Finally done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowHill

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2009
Central NY
Finished stacking this year's wood (for burning 2011-2012) June 20! Somewhere around 10 cord, I think, mainly maple (silver, sugar, red). 2 cord were cut, split and stacked since May 2010, the rest has been cut since Nov 2009. The stacks aren't anything to write home about, but they are done and seasoning. Hurried to take some pics before they collapse :-S Hoping they manage to remain upright until fall when I plan on moving them closer to the house (they are currently where I hope they will get the most sun and wind, although lately that seems to be rain). Not the least work intensive strategy, but I hope it will help with seasoning. Now if I could just get my stove... Waiting for the new Woodstock stove to get into production is excruciating for someone who doesn't like to wait til the last minute :gulp: Not to mention the looks I get when I excitedly tell someone I've got my wood stacked and they ask me what stove I have :red:

Attachments

• 100_0048_1.jpg
    100_0048_1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 100_0051_1.jpg
    100_0051_1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 356
lol, I do the same every year at-least one stack goes down! :cheese:

Nice, and I like the blue skid in pic 2!

Looks like you have room for lots more.

PapaDave said:
I like the 2nd pic....looks like a firewood orchard. :coolsmile:
This was my attempt to space things out for maximum air flow since I'm behind the eight ball with seasoning this year. I'm nothing if not obsessive, lol. When I get ahead of the game, I plan on fitting a lot more in there. It's the old garden site. The plan is to move the wood in there now nearer the house this fall and put 2012-2013 in there with single long rows. Then next spring fill in the rows from the 1st pic (which will prolly be burned this winter) with 2013-2014 stock. Repeat.

Two thumbs up, way up, for the gal who called herself a wannabe woodburner!

Anyone who knows anything about the stove situation will not question your wisdom--as a matter of fact, having 10 cords put up before you have a stove puts you in a rarefied-air-breathing elite, I assure you.

The other great thing about having done this first is that you know exactly what you're up against now. I'd feel a lot better getting into burning the first time with that experience under my belt than I would buying the stove before the wood.

WAH-HOO!!!!

HollowHill said:
although lately that seems to be rain). :red:

Obvious looking at that wheelbarrow. Looks like mine.

Very Nice.. Having your wood before the Wood-Stove..... Even Nicer.. Rare breed is right. You should be very proud of yourself. I've got around 5-6 cord here, another 2 cord to pick up. Just got 4 cord of 2 yr old wood (Guy is moving, needed to get rid of it). I hope to have 10-15 cord by this winter myself... Bravo, for your hard work. Looking forward to your pics of that new WoodStock

That looks like a great job of stacking to me and I doubt any will fall over. In addition, the location looks great as does the spacing. Methinks you will do fine this coming winter. As for the stove, you no doubt have seen my other post (and my email to you) predicting a late summer introduction. I'll keep sticking to that prediction and also still feel Woodstock will do everything possible to get that stove out so folks can have it installed before the heating season begins. It is getting really close now but it definitely will not be done in June or July. Maybe August but more likely in September.

Now about that wheelbarrow. You should know not to store a wheelbarrow upright! lol But then, maybe you needed to haul some water for some flowers?!

Status
Not open for further replies.