Finally finished

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Finished splitting, that is. I got those big honkers done that came from the pin oak. It was a messy job splitting from that pin oak because there was so much punk. More than I had thought. Now to get it stacked. I think this is about as late as I've ever been for finishing the splitting but I do recall stacking some wood in May not that many years ago. That is a bad time to be stacking because of all the skeeters but thanks to a ThermaCell we got it done. Looks like we may be doing that again.

Sorry no pictures yet but I don't think there was anywhere near the amount of wood in that pin oak as we thought.

Before I start stacking I'll also go to a neighbor's place and split his wood for him. He just had shoulder surgery and he does not need to be wrestling wood. I'll split it and hope his young son will do the stacking.

Good to hear that your're wrestlin with the firewood again Dennis, Randy

Nice work Dennis. Go easy on the young lad, not everyone can stack to your standards ;-)

Sounds like your timing is pretty good. Not to late to me.

BWS, kudos to you for splitting wood for your neighbor! I thought I was being a good friend by letting a buddy borrow my splitter.

Sounds like you're well on the road to recovery Dennis.

Thanks guys.

Yes, things are getting a bit better but I'm certainly a long ways from being totally healed. For example, if I get down on my knees I have a whale of a time getting up. I can barely reach my shoes to tie them and still can not put a sock on that foot without the handy helper. Also I can not lay on that side but for a few minutes. But it is getting better.

Yes, I'll take it easy on the lad as he is pretty young and a bit shy. The neighbor said he would have his son and his wife feeding me the rounds to split. Not sure how that will go but we'll see. I may even go split when they are not available and then just let the lad do all the stacking. The neighbor is getting better too because today he did not have his arm in a sling.

Speaking of arms in a sling and bad shoulders, we found out today that my wife will soon be having another shoulder surgery. Same shoulder she had done in 2007. This will be a replacement so the recovery time might be a bit longer. Looks like we are going to have quite a year this year....

Good neighbors make good friends. Sounds like you both are good neighbors.
I bet you hurt some the next morning, a "good hurt" but a hurt all the same.
I believe you heal faster when you are up & doing stuff allot faster than in front of the TV.
Slow steady pace gets allot of work done.

New Headline in your local paper::
"Bionic man & women cut & split wood for neighbor hood"
Way to go Dennis

Speaking of arms in a sling and bad shoulders, we found out today that my wife will soon be having another shoulder surgery. Same shoulder she had done in 2007. This will be a replacement so the recovery time might be a bit longer. Looks like we are going to have quite a year this year….
Dang, Dennis, that's not good. This getting old stuff sure isn't fun. You take care of her. I thought I was done splitting and stacking, until the son's neighbor tree popped up, or should I say came down.

Backwoods Savage said:
Finished splitting, that is. I got those big honkers done that came from the pin oak...I think this is about as late as I've ever been for finishing the splitting...Before I start stacking I'll also go to a neighbor's place and split his wood for him.
I've got some honkers coming from the trunk of the Pin Oak I'm working. I'll post some pics and measure it in the next couple days.

This is the earliest I've ever started splitting...but now I gots dry-wood religion. :)

Good on ya for helping out someone in need. The world needs more like you! :)

Bogydave, we don't worry about sitting in front of the tv because our tv is off almost all of the time. Well, we did watch the Super Bowl.

Steve, you are right.

Woody, I don't like doing the heavy work when the weather gets hot and sticky. Usually I'm done with the wood by now or much earlier.

tfdchief said:
Dang, Dennis, that's not good. This getting old stuff sure isn't fun.

I believe that it was BB who pointed out that, in fact, getting old was a lot of fun--it's the being old that's not so much.

True words of wit and wisdom.

snowleopard said:
tfdchief said:
Dang, Dennis, that's not good. This getting old stuff sure isn't fun.

I believe that it was BB who pointed out that, in fact, getting old was a lot of fun--it's the being old that's not so much.
Aaaah, I will have to see if I can use that....at least part of it will be fun %-P Thanks, Snowleopard.

Finally finiished ,I will laff at that we all know you will find more to cut and split soon

Status
Not open for further replies.