Finally finshed install just not sure can anyone help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kscowboy

Dec 30, 2009
kansas
Finished installing my 28-3500 have had to small fires going checked for any smoke leaks at connection on stove and at connection in the attic could not find any. What would be the biggest thing that could go wrong if i let a beg one rip half of a full load of wood. My set up is a follow have installed a 316 liner and insulated with the poor in insulation and caped off in attic using a liner to class a adapter plate which is siliconed and sealed to top of chimney and go class A out of roof.

Well I'll chime in I suppose - this is kind of one of those things were you just kind of half to go for it. I felt the same way after finishing up my EKO install. If you're confident in your install, let her rip. The only advice I can offer is to have a dry chemical fire extinguisher nearby as well as possibly some tongs or gloves. If something isn't quite right during the burn you can empty a dry chemical extinguiser into the firebox and stop the fire pretty quickly without damaging your box.

I hope this helps....

would i have to worry about chimney fire or just stove fire

Chimney fires are caused by crud accumulating in your stack which ingnites. If your stack is brand new I'd suggest your probability of a chimney fire is nearly zero.

Did you maintain all proper clearances to your flue? That is key...

My set up is a follow have installed a 316 liner and insulated with the poor in insulation .[/quote]

Am I reading this wrong or did you state this wrong , Because what I see is a single wall liner pipe with pour in insulation around it ?

webie said:
My set up is a follow have installed a 316 liner and insulated with the poor in insulation .

Am I reading this wrong or did you state this wrong , Because what I see is a single wall liner pipe with pour in insulation around it ?[/quote]

If this is in fact what you have done it would not be code in my area . I would not be inclined to start any fires until I had everything to code and inspected.

Tony H said:
webie said:
My set up is a follow have installed a 316 liner and insulated with the poor in insulation .

Am I reading this wrong or did you state this wrong , Because what I see is a single wall liner pipe with pour in insulation around it ?

If this is in fact what you have done it would not be code in my area . I would not be inclined to start any fires until I had everything to code and inspected.[/quote]

Thats why I asked to see if I was reading this right ? Code is one thing but depending on insulation a very high potential fire hazard .

I was having the same thoughts hence my "proper clearances" question....

sorry took so long to reply have the liner inside a chimney with homesaver poored around it same as what a chimney company said they would do and topped of with simpson transsition plate to class A out of the roof thanks for you replies

Status
Not open for further replies.