Finally Fluking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
The weather has been erratic this year, water temps still low, rain, wind, you name it. Finally picked a good window and got some good eats. Keeper size is 17.5 but we only kept the 19"'s +. We caught 25 and kept 10, only non targeted type was a Toadfish which was released. A great day got to take my younger son with me.
Mr Toad
100_6407.JPG
Son with dinner
100_6410.JPG

Good eating fish ;)
The flounder, not the toad (or Irish lord) . LOL

Nice catch, I haven't even gotten out on the boat yet this year.

Nice flat fish. I Don't know anything about a toad fish. Can I assume that they are not sought after table fare?

Reactions: Scols
how you eat somethin with a face on the side? is just creepy. i suppose is better eaten than mounted as a trophy.

Flounder/fluke sashimi with a little wasabi the way to go

Reactions: Shane N
I thought my first halibut was just a huge flounder. Same deal, their face migrates to the top side.

Anybody helping Mr. Toad look around for his dentures? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Defiant
Hey Defiant. Get ready there was a big show of school bluefin yesterday at 14650-43750. Whales,porpoises,shearwaters etc. Water was brownish and murky even with light easterly . Theres a good showing of sandeels in the monkfish and skates we are catching there so hopefully they will settle in and keep the tunas around.

Reactions: ScotO
Actually that a sea raven and asians eat them. You can find them in the live tanks of asian fish markets.

Hmmm...I have not known of much that they WON'T eat.;lol

Defiant, them flounders look like some good eats to me. That toadfish , not so much..

flounder stuffed with scallops and crab, with some hollandaise sauce.....dam that sounds good...

Status
Not open for further replies.