Finally full/fire flaming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegman

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2011
Sterling, MA
Finally finished filling the woodshed this weekend. Have about 4.5 cords ready to get me through the winter. It's my first with a shed, and I'm pretty psyched.

Celebrated by busting the Atlanta Stove Works Box 27 out of the barn for a backyard burn. A buddy of mine brought some old 2x3s he had lying around and we got it blazing in no time - at one point the bottom eight inches of the stove pipe were glowing orange and there was a good foot of flame pouring out the top.

fullshed.JPG27burn.JPG

Being outdoors, you can have all the fun you want with that puppy......probably looked like a Jet egine afterburners coming from the stack:cool:

Reactions: ScotO
That sheds GOTTA make ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside.......knowing that no matter WHAT the weather brings, you've got a dry stash for the stove!! Pat yourself on the back, Steggie .......you earned it!

Nothing like the view of a woodshed packed full. Nice work!

Nice wood shed Stegman! I like the build. I figured with all the money you and Oprah have you would not be heating with wood!;) Talk about cheap. ;lol

Good job stegman,
I think something like what you built would work here too. I remember another post not too long ago, where someone had something similar and they had tarps on the sides to keep rain and snow out and could be rolled up for more ventilation during dry weather.

Nices shed
Full & dry in there while it's wet outside says it all ;)

Nothing wrong with having a little fun with the old stove. ;lol

You will love that shed.

Congrats on a great shed, and the cool flamethrower!:cool:

Nice wood shed. Thats one hot fire.Nice and warm.

Nice.... Beautiful Shed.... Beautiful night to enjoy. Congrats

nice to keep the mice and chipmunks dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.