Finally gettin’ r done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Well, this weekend looks like I will be able to get the ATV and gear up to my pile of logs that the logger skidded and stacked for me behind the house..Snow should be down enough to do so... I have about 6 cord up there waiting on me. Plan on getting it all bucked up. cant get the splitter up there yet though..But, at least if I am able to get it bucked up and stacked i nthe next two weeks I should be able to start the splitting process.! I am ahead of schedule this year on the wood. LAst year I wasent done until the begenning of June! I should have it all wrapped up for this years supply by May 1st at the latest. Then I will start on next years supply..I am finally gonna get two years ahead of the game!

No thaw/muddy stage to worry about? My place is just about dry enough to get busy without doing too much damage...

You will definitely appreciate getting 2 years ahead. You won't burn as much wood either because it is drier and gives more heat.

We're blessed here in the spring as we have all yellow sand, so the mud season is very, very short. Sometimes one or two days and it is all done.

I myself just started making some progress. This afternoon I cleared a bunch of prickers and small saplings from an access road to get to my next score. Now to attend to the semi bloody mess I made of myself from those damn prickers. Isn't this just fun!

KC

Sounds like prickly ash. Nasty stuff indeed.

WELL, MY WOODLOT IS UP BEHIND MY HOuse. the elevation change is about 400 feet and there are logging roads. I ahve net been up there yet to know how muddy but as long s I can get to it on my atv the logs are all piled right were I am gonna buck and split and stack them so it should be a problem..Come spetember I will trailer it all down to my house where I store it in a covers screen patio right off of my kitchen. It holds 4 cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.