Finally getting my dry storage completed!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
Well they are only 2.5 months late but it is finally going up!! I will say,once they got here things went quickly. Did all this yesterday.

The plan is for the crew to be here Saturday to put the walls on and hang the overhead doors. Finally a dry place for wood and my toys.

Attachments

• DSCF2592.JPG
    DSCF2592.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF2605.JPG
    DSCF2605.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF2598.JPG
    DSCF2598.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF2613.JPG
    DSCF2613.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCF2615.JPG
    DSCF2615.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 277
Well they are only 2.5 months late but it is finally going up!! I will say,once they got here things went quickly. Did all this yesterday.

The plan is for the crew to be here Saturday to put the walls on and hang the overhead doors. Finally a dry place for wood and my toys.

How much wood ya gonna put in there?

That looks like its gonna be a nice sized shed.

Aye. You better move the wood in quick before someone uses it as their new home!

Reactions: CTFIRE
Do you live in a 10,000 sqft house? LOL

No, but I know of some that do. Some of the shoreline homes - I mean "compounds" - in SW CT owned by the NY hedgefund managers are that big. I don't think they'll start a bidding war on this one though. LOL....;lol

It's certainly something I'm interested in!

Maybes stupid question but why osb or plywood on the trusses for the metal instead of 2x4 purlins across? Just curious.

They are actually putting the sides on today and should be completed tomorrow. Purlins was an option with 1/2 the trusses but for less that 200$ the 2' on center roof trusses, a solid decked roof and tar paper makes it so much more sturdy and offers some sound deadening. Most are done the other way - but for the extra little $$ I opted for this.

It will not be a wood 30x40 wood shed but it may get some pre-winter, ready to burn wood stashed in it next fall. For now it will house the splitter, trailers, canoes and quad.

They are actually putting the sides on today and should be completed tomorrow. Purlins was an option with 1/2 the trusses but for less that 200$ the 2' on center roof trusses, a solid decked roof and tar paper makes it so much more sturdy and offers some sound deadening. Most are done the other way - but for the extra little $$ I opted for this.

It will not be a wood 30x40 wood shed but it may get some pre-winter, ready to burn wood stashed in it next fall. For now it will house the splitter, trailers, canoes and quad.
Nice! Is that a D.I.Y. pole barn package?

No - I subbed out to the builder. Time and $$ - these guys were priced too good for me to erect it myself.

Attachments

• one side.JPG
    one side.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 151
Since they forgot to build it over your stacks, does their price include them re-stacking inside?? Really nice, BTW.

Nothing against the builders at all but that size of building is at most a 1 1/2 day job. I use to build them with one other guy. We had a job about like yours with a overhead, walk in , 3 windows and 1 inch insolation on roof. We started at 7 and pulled out done same day 12 hours later. Built a 48 x 120 clear span in 4 days. When we went to work we worked. Nice building though.

TO - I agree!! If they would show up before 11am and had started when they were suppose to in August when the sun still shines at 8pm this was a 1-2 day project. Now w daylight savings and their "be there around noon" schedule it has taken forever to get rolling. But they now are rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.