Finally got a splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After splitting 3 cords of wood with a maul, watching craigslist i picked up a 5 year old but good condition 27 ton splitter for $600.00.
I split a cord of wood tonite in 2 hours, man these things are fun! I went in half with a buddy of mine this is the way to go!

Yes, they're fun. As a Mechanical Engineer, I've always had an intellectual appreciation for hydraulics. The older I get as a woodburner, the more visceral my appreciation becomes. Between my splitter and my Fiskars splitting axes, I just might be able to keep doing this wood thing for a while longer yet. Have fun & be careful! Rick

Well the worm has turned for Constrictor... congratulations.

Still remember the day we got our splitter. If you've hand split for a number of years getting a hydro splitter is like losing your virginity all over again.

savageactor7 said:
Well the worm has turned for Constrictor... congratulations.

Still remember the day we got our splitter. If you've hand split for a number of years getting a hydro splitter is like losing your virginity all over again.

Maybe with an ugly girl! You must be doing something wrong!!! :lol: But yes, getting a splitter is great. I think I split 6 to 8 cords of wood when I got mine. Then came the stacking...ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.