Finally got around to cleaning my chimney, I am impressed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burleymike

Feeling the Heat
Sep 17, 2010
SE Idaho
The first time I cleaned my chimney was December and I got about 1/2 gallon of light fluffy soot. The second time was around February and I got a little less. I just cleaned it yesterday and for burning most of February, all of March, May and half of June I got just a light dusting of light fluffy soot in the firebox.

Definitely a learning curve to getting this stove to burn clean. I am so happy I can now clean the chimney once a year. With my old stove I was cleaning it every two weeks.

The only downside is now I have a broken vermiculite baffle. I just got the second baffle out of the stove door and it broke in half. It must have had a small fracture. I am not sure it needs to be replaced since the baffles are covered with ceramic insulation blanket. What do you guys think?

Glad to hear things are improving. At the very least, take a look see up (or down) that chimney a couple times this winter just to be certain.

Those baffles are delicate sometimes.

pen

Hey Mike I'm with you!!
I had mine cleaned yesterday by a local Chimney Sweep for the first time and all I had was about 4 cups of the fluffy soot! Very happy to know that after my first year of burning all went well.

Good feeling isn't it!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.